What’s Wrong with My Body? The Parts I Love and Hate
I thought it was high time I blogged about my boobs again. My posts on my breasts have been among the most popular on my site, which doesn’t surprise me as my boobs have always been popular in general.
I am a straight woman, but I have to admit that I love breasts. All in all, I find the female body to be very beautiful, and I think we have a certain ‘neatness’ that men cannot claim. Don’t get me wrong – I adore men’s bodies too. I will never forget the first time I saw Michelangelo’s David; to see a chiselled (in that case literally!), defined male torso is breathtaking, and it’s a sight that I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of.
We all have body parts that we like. I’ve yet to meet a single person that hates absolutely everything physical about themselves. I have many flaws and faults and I certainly don’t think there’s anything to be gained by breaking people down into their various parts – what’s inside is the most valuable asset. Hilariously, I located a list I wrote a while ago about the physical features I find irresistible in a man, and those things for me which are an instant turn off.
Even though you can’t see me, I thought I would break down some of my favourite body parts (don’t worry – I won’t be too graphic!) and why I like them. I think making a list like this will make me feel good about myself, even though I am not the sum of my parts.
Well, you knew I’d put that first, didn’t you? Not perfect, slightly saggy, couple of tiny stretch marks and yet gloriously, delightfully wonderful.
I have nice hands and I only just worked that out. I also like to keep my nails very short, probably because I spend so much of my day typing. I always wear two rings, one on each middle finger. I like silver and I love the stone citrine, which is supposed to give me clarity of thought. Here’s hoping.
After a decade of bleaching I have (almost) returned to my natural colour. Who knew that uncoloured hair could be so healthy? I refuse to buy expensive shampoos and conditioners and I change brands as frequently as possible as my hair gets ‘used’ to products.
My whole family has great chompers. Get us together and it’s like dinner with the Osmonds. Good teeth are a huge blessing, and I try to look after mine as much as I can. No skateboarding down hills for me. You wouldn’t catch me bungy jumping or sky diving either – I like my teeth too much!
And now for the bad parts:
- Ankles – yes I have large ankles – what can you do? That’s what god gimme.
- Broken capillaries – great skin, delicate veins. I am slowly falling apart.
- Feet – my feet are flatish, and not super-attractive. I used to sell footwear and I am realistic about my feet. They are not the worst out there, but far from the best!
- Thighs – haven’t found too many women who rave about their thighs. Mine jiggle, wobble and move. I am aware that exercise would help this, but I am hoping the problem will just go away by itself one day. That could happen, right?
- Ears – I am going deaf after a decade of working in radio wearing headphones every day. I see the trend of people wearing studio headphones on the street and I think it’s so unnecessary. That shit messes your ears up.
So, there you have it. Tomorrow I will post on what I find attractive in men’s bodies, and what I find not-so-attractive!
What are your favourite body parts? Come on! Share with me! I won’t tell anyone!
photos by by borderlys and Gioblecch™’s – thank you!