The top trends from Fashion Week
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2013 proved to be an exciting and trend-inspiring event. Here are some of the main looks caught on the runways in September.
- Flirty, feminine shapes: These were seen on the runways of Zimmerman, with stylish, Grecian-inspired gowns and strappy flat sandals. Ginger and Smart took the trend to a new level with swathes of gorgeous fabrics in a range of colours and textures.
- Diaphanous silk and organza: This is a trend that was nailed by Camilla with her range of kaftans in a bold colour palette, studded with gems, sequins and semi-precious stones.
- Hero swimwear: This dynamic trend was seen in the collections of Zimmerman, including a long-sleeved leotard-style one-piece with deep mesh slashes. Taking the influence from European fashion, high-waisted bikini bottoms were everywhere and many designers used the colour champagne pink.
- Shimmery metallics: These are still proving to be a favourite with the fashion crowd. Sass and Bide’s new collection was seen by an impressive front row including Iggy Azalea, Zoe Kravitz and Poppy Delevingne. Metallic shorts were done by Alex Perry and bold blue metallic was seen on the runway for Watson x Watson.
- Peachy colours: This sweet and juicy palette was done by Camilla and Mark and Bless’ed Are The Meek. The models that walked for them were eye-catching in this girly shade.
- Eye-catching prints: Camilla Franks has proven to be bold and brassy in her choices again this year with snatches of animal prints jammed together with floral and geometric.
- Cut-out shapes: Cutaway panels and bold white were a feature of designer Han. Lines above the waist were keeping the trend as a possibility for the masses. Jackets, skirts and dresses also used cutaway panels to great effect.
- Handkerchief hems: These playful hemlines were found on the runways of Watson x Watson and a handkerchief-hem skirt was seen at the show of struggling brand Lisa Ho.
- Navy colours: Sass and bide used lots of ivory and navy with girly and cute accents of antique gold and rust red. The nautical trend has a spring/summer feel to it.
- The Crop Top: The crop top was one of the biggest trends to hit the spring/summer runways, with numerous designers incorporating the midriff into their collections. Pictured: A model walks the runway in a Ginger & Smart crop top. Also Bless’ed Are The Meek.
What styles and trends are your favourites? Tell me by leaving a comment below!