Lose weight with the white food diet – your full DAY 1 diet plan
You’ve heard the statistics, right? They say white food is BAD. Even Oprah jumped on the bandwagon, demonising any food with a pasty-white appearance. On the list: sugar, white bread, potatoes, white rice, biscuits, cake…you name it – if it was white and delicious, it was labelled as “bad”.
What on earth is the no white foods diet?
According to Every Day Diet, “White foods should be avoided completely under the premise that most of these foods contain simple carbohydrates, which increase insulin production and trigger cravings for more carbohydrates.”
Righto, then. I was under the impression that my body craved carbs because they are a good source of energy and fuel my body to do the things I need it to, like walk, do the dishes, have sex and use Microsoft Excel.
“Foods to steer clear of on this diet,” says the site, “include white rice, white flour, sugar, and potatoes, salt and milk, although some versions of the diet do allow for the inclusion of skim milk.”
They even go so far as to say that you have to stop eating foods made with other white foods!
“Anything made from white flour must also be strictly eliminated,” according to the site, “such as bread, cakes, pastries, pasta and noodles. Some proponents of the diet also advise dieters to avoid fruit juice and artificial sweeteners because these foods can cause sugar cravings.”
If you want to follow a plan where you will eat no white foods (and probably be miserable) check out the meal plan here.
However, if you are a sensible person who loves food and would like to continue to eat white foods and still lose or maintain your weight, please follow my diet plan below.
The lose weight with white foods 3 day plan: Day 1
Breakfast day 1
- Black coffee with 30 mLs of full cream milk = 20 cals
- 2 slices of white toast, sandwich loaf size (check out my fave Sunblest Sandwich Loaf – only 145 cals for 2 slices!)
- 10 grams of butter (2 pats) = 36 cals
- 1 medium tomato = 31 cals
- 100 grams of leg ham = 100 cals
Total for breakfast = 332 calories
Lunch day 1
- Can of Diet Coke = 0 cals
- 1 medium baked or boiled potato = 168 cals
- 25 grams of cheddar cheese = 100 cals
- 5 grams of butter = 18 cals
- 100 grams baked beans = 74 cals
Total for lunch = 360 calories
Dinner day 1
- 2 large glasses of white wine (well, why not?) = 200 cals
- ½ cup of cooked white pasta = 110 cals
- 100 grams of chicken breast, shredded = 165 calories
- Handful of baby spinach leaves = 10 cals
- Liberal sprinkling of salt + cracked pepper = 0 cals
- Fresh herbs = 5 cals
- 5 grams of butter = 18 cals
Total for dinner = 508 calories
Total for Day 1 = 1200 calories
The lose weight with white foods 3 day plan for men OR women who wish to maintain their weight.
The above diet plan will give you only 1200 calories – this is quite low and would only be suitable for women and men (older than age 16) who weigh below 60 kilos or 135 pounds.
If you typically weigh more than that – or your target weight is higher, add between 200 and 1000 calories.
For weights up to 65 kilos – add 200 calories
- (e.g. 130 grams of chicken breast)
For weights up to 75 kilos – add 400 calories
- (e.g. 130 grams of chicken breast + 1 large potato and extra butter)
For weights up to 85 kilos – add 600 calories
- (e.g. add 2 x extra slices of toast, 50 grams of extra ham, 130 grams of chicken breast + 1 large potato and extra butter)
For weights up to 95 kilos – add 800 calories
- (e.g. add 4 x extra slices of toast, 100 grams of extra ham, 130 grams of chicken breast + 1 large potato and extra butter)
If your goal weight is more than 95 kilos OR you do more than 120 minutes of cardio exercise every day, add 1000 calories.
- Simply double the above plan and skip the wine! (or something else to calorie equivalent).
Tomorrow: Day 2!