10 Weirdest Hangover Cures that Totally Work
It happens to the best of us. Too many bevvies and an early start the next day. What are some great ways to sure a hangover? Here are some of the best!
1. Coconut water wellness
- It’s true – best from a real coconut, but the bottled stuff is fine.
- It contains five essential electrolytes – sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus.
- This means it is more Isotonic, with less carbs and calories than a typical sports drink.
2. Miso soup saviour
- Contains all essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
- Restores beneficial probiotics to the intestines.
- Is a good vegetable-quality source of B vitamins (especially B12)
3. Eggs are excellent
- No, you don’t need to eat them raw! You are not Rocky!
- One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids.
- Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D.
4. Cordial cures ya
- The Australian government does not like cordial at all: Sweet drinks such as juice, cordial and soft drinks may cause health problems for children if consumed in large amounts. Problems may include tooth decay, diarrhoea and a poor appetite.
- I don’t care what they say – cordial rocks for curing a hangover – get swillin!
- Also has fewer calories than some soft drinks.
5. Seafood saves ya
- Never tried this one myself, never will
- The omega 3 and fatty acids can help you
- Think oysters, salmon and scallops. But yuck!
6. Homemade happy hangover brew
- 1 cup of ginger tea
- 1 paracetamol tablet
- 1 spoon of honey (or maple syrup for vegans) + cinnamon
7. The Bondi cure
- Go to Bondi Beach
- Remove clothes
- Jump in
- Please note this will not work if you are anywhere else but Australia, sorry
8. Pickles are perfect
- I love pickles, especially Israeli pickles that my friend Susie got me into
- Brine is so salty and good when you are hungover
- Use cucumbers that are small, young, dark green, firm, and have warty skin
9. Hair of the dog
- This always works – just don’t keep on drinking!
- It works by restoring the chemical levels in your brain – that’s what a drunk guy told me
- White wine or vodka, my bevvies of choice
10. Chilli challenge
- An oldie but a goodie!
- Chilli peppers have amazingly high levels of vitamins and minerals. Just 100 g provides (in % of recommended daily allowance)
- Chillies contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium
Photo by whatleydude