Have you heard? Lara Bingle is in the USA – in fact, she has been back and forth there quite a bit with her sexy Aussie actor boyfriend. This gorgeous celebrity is one of my favourites, so I thought it was high time I blogged about her.
So who is Lara Bingle?
According to Wikipedia: “She has been on the covers of Who, Grazia, Oyster, Woman’s Day, OK!, Famous, and New Idea. Bingle has also appeared in episodes of Home and Away and other shows such as The Celebrity Apprentice Australia and Australia’s Next Top Model.”
In 2011 she got her own show here in Australia, called Being Lara Bingle. Sadly, I never watched it because I was dating an asshole at the time who refused to let me indulge in my love of pop culture. He frequently commandeered the remote and to keep the peace, I let this fly.
So I continued my secret love of Lara Bingle. I would like to stress here I am not a lesbian, I just love women. In fact, I have written a post called Girl Crushes and Women I Admire. This is perfectly fine and innocent and I really think that women need to love women in a platonic sense.
The private life of Lara Bingle
I know a lot about Our Lara because she used to date Captain of the Australian Cricket team, Michael Clarke. The Boyf is a huge cricket fan. There were reports that Our Lara threw away the engagement ring he gave her – into the loo! Personally, I do not believe this and Lara herself has said that this is untrue.
Was Lara Bingle kicked by a photographer in New York?
Sam Worthington from Clash of the Titans was arrested in New York. His crime? Allegedly assaulting a photographer in Greenwich Village on February 23.
Some reports have said that this fracas occurred outside the Cubbyhole Bar. Worthington claims that the photographer, Sheng Li kicked his girlfriend, Lara Bingle, in the leg.
New York Police Department Lieutenant John Grimpel told Australia’s The Daily Telegraph: “The photographer kicked Lara and then Worthington punched him, causing the photographer to have lacerations to his nose.”
Sam Worthington told police that he was “just protecting my girlfriend”.
Is there an arrest warrant out for Our Lara?
According to a Sydney newspaper: “An application will be made for the immediate issuance of an arrest warrant for Lara Bingle for her assault on Sheng Li and for the issuance of an order of protection in favour of Sheng Li against Lara Bingle.” That is according to the photographer’s lawyer.
7 things to love about Lara Bingle
- She has a beautiful name: Lara means “protection”. From “Lares”, referring to the individual gods of Roman households, the protectors of home and fields.
- Her bra size is 33C and she is the same height as me: 1.68 metres. However, she only weighs 52 kilos (114 pounds) and I weigh 60 kilos.
- She doesn’t take herself too seriously! In 2006, she became widely recognized after being featured in Tourism Australia’s advertising campaign So where the bloody hell are you?
- She has said: “I’ve dated men my age, younger than me and older. The only difference is the young ones are quicker at taking out the garbage.” Ha ha!
- She is an ambassador for Bowel Cancer Australia. Her own father passed away from the disease.
- In 2010, Our Lara started proceedings to sue Brendan Fevola for breach of privacy, defamation and misuse of her image for the release of a nude photo. Personally, this makes me really dislike Fevola. That’s not classy, mate.
- According to some reports, Our Lara is now part of the New York Elite. Go Lara! According to The Daily Tele: “She was picked up by one of the most coveted modelling agencies in New York City.”
One more Lara quote to finish on:
“And I think women have come a very, very long way, but they have a long way to go.”